The Armstrongs

The Armstrongs
Shane and Paige

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Have 6 Months really gone by?

 Oh mane I cannot believe it has been 6 months since I last posted. I have some serious catching up to do! so, Jax was born (sure am glad I'm not still pregnant) Our little man decided to make his entrance into the world 2 and a half weeks early and Mommy was grateful! On March 22nd, 2012, I came home from work for lunch. Shane had the rest of the day off so he was home as well. I had thought that my water had broke but I wasn't sure. I decided that it hadn't and that I was going to go back to work. Well as I got back in my car to drive to work, a gush of water, YES my water had broke!!!


We got to the hospital at about 1:30pm that afternoon, as you know hospitals take their time so we didn't really know if i was in labor or not yet. about 2 hours later a nurse came in and said "we're going to have a baby!" I was a little nervous!
 I labored through the night with out much progress, it was long and I honestly didn't get much sleep. Shane slept on and off but didn't get much either. At about 9 am (20+ hours later) i was still in labor. The doctor came in and checked me and found another fore bag of water that needed to be ruptured. This all took place at about 10:30 am (no drugs up to this point) at this point the contractions were coming hard and fast and I hadn't slept at all the night before so I decided to get and epidural..
 after the epidural, I slept for 3 hours or so. When I woke up the nurse checked me and said your complete my EXACT words were " so now what to we wait for" I had no idea what I was in store for. I started pushing at 2:05 pm (25 hours AFTER my water broke) Jax was born at 2:53pm weighing in at 7 lbs 13 oz and 19 1/2 inches long. He was so perfect and healthy. He came out whimpering and it was the best sound I have ever heard.
 They placed him on my chest immediately after he was born and I will never forget how he looked up at me and we made eye contact for the first time. I fell in love!
 So here are a few pics of our little man at the hospital,/home and shortly after. Sorry I am so delayed on the post.



Definitely more to come
-The ArMsTrOnGs

No comments:

Post a Comment