The Armstrongs

The Armstrongs
Shane and Paige

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Valentines Day/Koreans

Ok so January and February are off and to a great start!!! Our new year began with us being a host family for 2 Korean students, which was a total blast!!! Their names (Americanized of course) are MJ and Hanna.on the right is Hanna and in the middle is MJ. So they came the last week in January and left on Valentines day. We had a ton of fun, we went sledding, out to ice cream, shooting, and lots of other American activities that I take WAY too much advantage of! While they were here they had a friend come and visit, Sun (on the far left), and we made Valentines day sugar cookies. They had never done it before and were totally amazed at how they turned out. To the left is a picture of them receiving their certificates for completing there school work while they were here. I guess I should explain that better...They came over here for school to learn how Americans teach/learn. They were here for 4 weeks and went to SUU for 2 weeks and to East Elementary for the other two weeks.
Hanna and MJ left on Valentines day and it was sad to see they go. As for our first Valentines day as a married couple we really didn't do anything eventful. These are the flowers that Shane surprised me with and he made a wonderful breakfast for me on Sunday morning and then we spent the day laying around the house.As for the next two weeks of February we are training for the Moab half marathon/5 mile run. and so far we are doing ok....Shane is a running machine...me on the other hand not so much.

until next time! Love the Armstrongs!

2 comments:

  1. Paige! I love your Blog! It looks like you had a lot of fun with your visitors... the Japanese girls, oh I mean Koreans...lol! Fun stuff!
    It was quite romantic of your valentine to make you breakfast and give you flowers :). Isn't being married the BEST?! You guys are too adorable together! It was SO much fun hanging out... you guys are awesome! Let's do it again soon!:)

    ~Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shane and Paige, I am so glad you commented on my blog! I lost your blog address and couldn't find you! Yea I will be adding you guys to my list! YOu guys look like you have been up to a lot of fun, the holidays seemed to have treated you good! Oh man it has been so long Shane. I don't even know if you know but I am prego with my 3rd child. This baby was a HUGE surprise, MASSIVE surprise really, I got prego with this baby (it's a boy) when Marlee my 2nd was only 3 months old. Yea they will only be 12 months apart, 3 kids under the age of 3 I really don't know how I am going to do it and work! Guess I will figure it out. In fact I was reading back on your blog and you guys were saying that it was nice to just be able to go out and do things and not worry about babysitters or kids. I was like oh man I remember those days, and how I MISS those days. You 2 are so smart to just enjoy life and get all the playing in you can before the babies come, although they are great fun, also puts a halt on your life! MIss you guys! Need to hook up soon! Best of Luck on the 1/2 marathon in Moab, you guys will do great. Yea Paige I know what you mean that Shane is a machine, didn't matter how good of shape I was in or that I would train longer than him, he would still waste me everytime! I am excited for you guys, PLEASE let me know how you guys do!

    ReplyDelete